Another video on moving to video-based teaching, this time about some things to consider to make the transition as easy for yourself as possible (as well as increasing the experience for the students):
From the Youtube posting:
Many teachers now have to move their courses online, and are worried about it. Teaching online is different from teaching in a classroom, but not so different: The main thing is still that you know your material and care about the the people at the other end. There are some things to consider, however, so here are five tips to think about when you move your course online:
- Talk to one student, not many.
- Structure, structure, structure (much more important in online teaching).
- Interaction is possible, but needs to be planned.
- Bring a friend: Teach with a colleague, for mutual help and a better experience.
- 5. Use the recording as a tool for making your teaching better, by reviewing it and editing it yourself.